Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting the hang of it?

Hello!
Less than one week later and here is another post... that counts as an improvement, no?
I am happy to report that week one of classes is officially OVER! It was exhausting as an all-nighter (though I didn't have one) and not even a full week long with MLK Day. Perhaps the three 8 AMs had something do do with it. Anyhow, here's the lineup:
Research Design and Analysis I
Bio 195 lecture and lab
Psychology of Personality
Public Policy Analysis
Sports Nutrition
Symphonic Band
The verdict? Hard work so far, but the kind that leaves you feeling fulfilled and accomplished. The highlights of this semester will include designing my own survey project, learning whether or not I can deal with the sciences enough to pursue a career in dietetics, getting an internship, comparing my current food intake with what it should be for my personal needs by logging every morsel of food I eat and movement I make for a few days, and figuring myself out by doing a semester-long identity journal that will be shared with my psych teacher, a resident therapist at the local hospital. 
Because I should be doing my homework right now, I'm going to get right to it and log my food today. No pictures yet, mainly because I forgot, but also because it's nerve-racking to take pictures of your food in front of people. How do you get over that? Make like Nike and just do it, I suppose. That might have been the cheesiest thing I've ever said. Wow.
Moving on, for breakfast I had about a cup of Fiber one and finished off the Silk vanilla soymilk (maybe 3/4 of a cup? it was milky cereal). I also had a cup of my fav. Bolthouse Farms Berry Boost smoothie. Lunch was a scrumtrilescent salad made of spring mix, walnuts, avocado, some dried fruit, and balsamic viniagrette (was it really necessary to put in that second "i"?) with some vegetarian chili and, of course, a cup of Mate Vana herbal tea. I hope I finish the canister so I can try a new kind soon. So good.
Dinner and snack(s) forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment