Monday, January 26, 2009

Feeding the addiction

I am typing this as I sip on yet another cup of Mate Vana. I think I might be hooked... because I feel incomplete without a cup a day. Best Christmas present ever from my boyfriend's family: 4 kinds of tea plus cute little canisters, a "Perfect Teamaker" that is prob. the most convenient thing I've ever owned, and some rock cane sugar to sweeten! Actually, it was second best only to his: a beaaauuutiful aqua colored, dip-dyed looking tea set. My first one! Hi darlin :)

This is going to be quick because the to-do list keeps growing but I just want to maintain the blog even if the posts are short!

Brekkie today was 1 packet Quaker weight control maple and brown sugar oatmeal. I'm not dieting or anything, but I tried this out because the product claimed to be very "satiating." With 7 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, those Quaker folks weren't lying! It held me over very nicely for a 45 minute interval workout on the treadmill. Along with an apple for crunch.
When I got back, I refueled with a slice of Ezekiel bread and some Dark Chocolate Dreams PB from Peanut Butter & Co. All I can say is wow. This company will sure get my business again. Tastes like Reeses but with no cholesterol, 170 cal/2 TBSP, and therefore, no guilt!! (Not that my favorite candy usually makes me feel guilty... only when I overindulge on occasions like Halloween... and the weeks after that we have leftovers ;) )The Ezekiel bread was kinda meh, only because I like the English muffins 10x better.

For lunch, I had a healthy version of hot pockets with Kashi's Chicken Rustico frozen sandwich. It contained chicken, spinach, red peppers, mushrooms, and a savory sauce and tasted absolutely perfect with a cup of Campbell's Healthy Harvest tomato and basil soup. What a pair. I'm a sucker for soup and sandwich combos and this one did not disappoint.
Here's a pic of the sandwich, though not one I took: 
You should buy it.
Later, a friend asked me if I wanted to grab lunch. I already had (obviously), so I just had half a no bake cookie and sipped some mint tea. No bake cookies are one of my school's fortes. The lunch selection, on the other hand, missed the mark a little: breaded chicken filet, onion rings, tuna melt, french fries, and pizza. At any rate, it was quite refreshing to enjoy a leisurely afternoon tea and crumpet... er... cookie without rushing.

Time to tackle that list! Back later (maybe with original pictures! We'll see how brave I'm feelin') Stay warm! I know I will-- we have an illegal space heater. (Shh... no one from school reads this to my knowledge!!) 

1 comment: