Sunday, February 1, 2009

Domestic goddesses

Whew! I apologize for going MIA for a little bit there. The second half of last week was a killer! I only just finished the second week of classes, and already I've had a few exams and projects. Guess that's what happens once you're past the Gen Eds. I have actually been keeping track of my food intake for a Sports Nutrition project, but I'm not going to share. Too long. 

I will share about the sports nutrition project though because it's sweet! For a grade, I get to keep track of everything I consume (including drinks) and every calorie I expend through movement and normal body functioning and compare my numbers with the numbers I should have as an active 19-year-old female of my stature. I have to keep track of literally EVERYTHING... quantities of vitamins, minerals, carbs, fat, protein, etc. This is a dietician wannabe's dream!! (Not that I know for sure I want to be an RD, but it's one of the possibilities!!)

Enough about that and on to the eats plus (surprise!!) a few pics! I remembered :)
Breakfast was 1 packet Quaker cinnamon flavored weight control instant oatmeal. There is nothing like filling your stomach with warm, filling oats first thing in the morning during the winter. Nothing. I also had about a cup of Bolthouse Farms' Green Goodness smoothie. Sounds gross, looks gross- appearance is somewhat akin to that of pond scum. Tastes divine
This baby is a nutritional powerhouse. Somehow Bolthouse managed to cover up the taste of pureed spinach and algae with dragonfruit, kiwi, and other tropical delights. 

For a snack I had a small Gala apple with about a TBSP of dark chocolate blended PB. 
Lunch was Amy's Brown Rice and Veggie bowl and a Yoplait Light Thick N Creamy peach yogurt.

Before dinner, I snacked on 2 dried peach slices and for dinner my roomie and I made a spinach, asparagus, and parmesan frittata using a recipe from Fitness magazine. 
We felt like such domestic goddesses. Even though we lit a paper towel on fire in the cooking process. It all worked out in the end; the frittata tasted good! We had it with some vanilla soymilk and butternut squash on the side. It beat eating in the dining hall, that's for sure ;)

I'll be back again. No telling when... the blog is at the mercy of my schedule. I hope to at least shoot for one or two posts a week to start. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment