Saturday, July 4, 2009

So long, farewell...

As it turns out, I had pretty much zero internet access in France. The family I stayed with unfortunately had too slow of a connection to blog and the same was the case in the schools I visited. I must admit, though, it was a bit refreshing to be cut off from the US and forced to focus completely on all things French for a while. 

Long story short... I had an amazing time and am looking forward to returning on future research endeavors. Heck, I'd return in a snap without a research agenda... the people I met were that cool. The trip included several visits to schools and their cafeterias, interviews with people holding jobs related to food, nutrition, and/or health (ie nurses, chefs, farmers...), trips to Versailles and Paris, many market excursions, and a visit to Van Gogh's house, tomb, and place of inspiration for many of his paintings. I was most impressed by the keen attention the French paid to preparing and eating fresh, seasonal food. Altogether, I feel like I came away with many life-changing insights and experiences. 

In other news, I've actually decided to abandon this blog and switch to a tumblr. It's a bit easier to manage and I generally see myself using it more than this (once a week would be an improvement)!! The blog will be of a similar purpose as this one... with some random stuff thrown in as I feel so inclined. Check it out! www.thenutritionator.tumblr.com

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that your blog is being featured on All Access Internships on the Links page. If you didn't already know, All Access Internships is a free resource for dietetics students! You can check it out at allaccessinternships.com!
    Thanks!

    Lauren
    All Access Internships

    ReplyDelete